Sunday, October 24, 2010

TOP FIVE OF 2010



1) THE SOCIAL NETWORK

Facebook the movie? Surely, they're kidding. But put Aaron Sorkin in a room with David Fincher and of course they make a little genius baby. And I loved that Justin Timberlake played the part of "Mafia War." A+

2) ANOTHER YEAR

Mike Leigh once again give us a glimpse into the lives of working class English folk. It's a lovely tale of friendship and sadness. A+

3) EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP

If you're unfamiliar with Banksy, get with it! This hilarious documentary invites us into the underground world of graffiti art and gets us into the heads of people we'll probably never meet. Plus, it's hip and funny. A

 4) KICK ASS

Finally, superheroes who are just regular people, like you and me. It almost inspired me to find my own inner hero, but I forgot to keep that purple cape from elementary school. Cool kids, awesome action, this movie is indeed Kick ass. A-

 5) TOY STORY 3

We get it Pixar…you're the best at making me cry. While this one wasn't quite as magical as "Up" or "Wall E," they certainly get it right. I was surprised that they gave Buzz Lightyear a heroin addiction, however. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment